Hledejte v chronologicky řazené databázi studijních materiálů (starší / novější příspěvky).

Culture and literature in my life 1.


Culture and literature in my life


Cultural life in Brno is quite rich. There are a lot of possibilities of spending leisure time. We can go to the cinema, to the theatre, to a concert, dancing. There are about twenty cinemas in Brno that usually offer films twice a day. On Sunday afternoon they offer special films for children. In the past the cinemas were often packed and the tickets were sold out – it was necessary to buy the tickets in advance. Nowadays people prefer watching TV or video to going to the cinema. We usually buy the tickets about half an hour before the performance.

Before I decide to go to the cinema, I choose the film very carefully. I don’t like violence and blood and I am fond of witty comedies (psychological dramas) and films about young people. I like silent films with Charlie Chaplin, too.

I like going to the theatre, the opera, or to a ballet, no matter what is on, because I like the atmosphere of the theatre. People usually come dressed up and they take off their coats in the cloakroom. When we sit down, we usually read the programme to see the cast. Then the musi-cians come and begin to tune their instruments. Soon the conductor appears and the orchestra starts to play. The lights go out. The curtain goes up and the performance begins.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat